Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to School

As a parent I am really excited about school starting next Monday. I love my kids but I also love it when they are in school and I can exhale a little bit. Today at Family of Christ is Staff Development Day. Which means all the staff and teachers get together and talk about the coming year. I will be doing a devotion on how we surrender to God and rely on his strength through the Holy Spirit to carry out the tasks he has for us this year. We will go over all the regulations and have a lot of time for prayer. Then we will have lunch. I'm really excited about that! I do love to eat. This is a time to re-focus though and remember why we are here and why we do what we do. We do not just exist to provide education so that our kids are ready for elementary school, but we also exist to share the good news about Jesus' love for us. We will do that in earnest this year. The children will hear the message of what Christ has done for them on the cross every day in the classroom. On Wednesday morning we always have a chapel service where the children worship God with passion. If you have never attended one of our chapel services you need to.
We have a really great staff this year. We also have re-started our Kindergarten. We are all looking forward to a school year of learning more about Jesus and rejoicing in his death and resurrection and the forgiveness and salvation that he has given us. Come and join us!

No comments: